Linksys offers a single and unified app to manage and control the settings for most of your routers, modems, and range extenders. The Linksys app allows you to monitor and control your smart Linksys routers and Linksys Velop mesh WIFI system easily anywhere. We have created a guide on this page to download and install the app on your android or iOS mobile device. Linksys app gives you the following access;
- You can view which devices are communicating to your Home Network.
- Allow and control up to 50 Guests’ WIFI access.
- Allocate connection hierarchy for all or on some selected devices.
- Manage your kid’s activity while accessing and using the internet.
- Open ports remotely help to access devices on your home or office network.
- You get a password retrieval option to connect and share a home Network.
- Using the Linksys app, you can control, access, and manage your WIFI 24×7 from anywhere.
- The Linksys app allows the users to manage as many routers as they have in one place.
- Interacting with your Linksys router using your voice-over Alexa is now possible with the Linksys app.
- The app enables setup to your Home WIFI online is also possible via the app.
- Auto Firmware Update to keep your Linksys Router setup safe. Linksys ensures the safety of your routers by auto Firmware update feature.
Linksys Velop Setup- Prior requirements
If you are using a computer device to access the settings of your Linksys router, then there is no need to install any special software or program. Linksys router setup using a computer provides a web-based interface accessible through the browser you have. A web browser-based setup requires an Ethernet cable to access the settings of your Linksys. To access the Linksys Velop setup page, use the IP address 192.168.1.1 or the web domain linksyssmartwifi.com in the search bar of the browser.
Linksys Velop Setup using the app
Before you go, have your Smartphone or tablet available. First of all, select your device from the list below and then go for settings.
Now the question is How do I download and use the Linksys app? Linksys Velop setup using a Mobile device
- Open the play store of your device; select the Search bar, type the Linksys app.
- Then select and tap Linksys from the list and install the app.
- Select the key ‘Open’ to open the app.
Linksys Velop setup using an iOS Apple Device
- Open the Apple app store on your device.
- Select Search from the bottom right corner.
- Type in Linksys, and then get your Linksys model from the list.
- Select the option Get or Cloud Install for Linksys Velop login.
- Next, you need to click the ‘Install’ button and open the app.
Steps: After downloading the Linksys app
- Tap the install button to launch the Linksys Velop app.
- After launching the app, follow in-app instructions to complete your setup.
- Go on the home page of the app, type the username and password.
- Now, connect your devices to the Linksys Velop login network.
How can I share my WIFI name and password using the Linksys app?
To share your WIFI name and password, tap, open, or launch the installed Linksys app on your mobile device. Connect your mobile device to the WIFI network and then open the app.
- On the Linksys app home page, tap ‘Login’ and you will be prompted for the Email Address and password.
- You should enter the Email address and password for your Linksys server account.
- Enter the credential and then tap the login tab again. If you wish to log in with your router or node’s password, tap “Log in with Router Password”.
- Then tap the “Enter Admin Password” field.
- On the Linksys app dashboard, click the Share icon that is located on the right side of the WIFI name.
- You can share your WIFI credentials either via a Text Message or via Email. It depends on you.
What are the latest updates of the Linksys app?
Here a few features that you find in your Linksys app if you have installed it recently.
- The current Linksys app supports Band Steering settings
- It also supports aggregation features for models like Linksys EA8300 and EA8250 only.
- Run a Speed test locally as well as remotely for Linksys EA8300 Router only.
- It supports the entire Linksys Velop setup and Mesh system
- You can now view devices that are blocked in Parental Controls and in time blocking status,
- Device Prioritization is also available that add up to three clients
- Get a password hint if you have forgotten it on some selected models.
- You get a chance to share your Wi-Fi credentials by sending via email or text message.
- You are allowed to remove an offline router or node connected to your Linksys server account.