Linksys Router Setup or access the setting for your router always browse www.linksyssmartwifi.com on your internet browser.
Before you start with Linksys Router Setup the process make sure you can check out the following things:
- Make sure you have a working Internet connection from your Internet Company.
- If you are replacing your router by doing Linksys Router Setup, make sure you can unplug the old router properly.
- Power off the modem and Plug in the RJ45 ethernet cable from the Modem to your New Linksys Router.
- Plugin the ethernet cable from the modem to the Internet port of your router.
- Make sure after plugging in the ethernet cable, you can turn on the modem and plug in your router to the power source.
- Wait until the Linksys Logo is On and Solid.
Following Steps to Linksys Router Setup
- Connect the ethernet cable from Linksys router to your computer/ laptop, you can also connect your phone with Wi-Fi.
- For the Wi-Fi credential, you can look out at the backside or bottom of your Linksys router. There is the following information written on it.
2.4GHz Wi-Fi Name: Wi-Fi Password:
5GHz Wi-Fi Name: Wi-Fi Password:
- You can put the information on your Wi-Fi compatible device, once it is connected. Now you can open a web browser.
- While doing Linksys Velop Login Launch the Web browser (like Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge)
- Now enter the Linksys Default Login URL “www.linksyssmartwifi.com” or the default the IP Address for your Linksys Router which is http://192.168.1.1. in address bar.
- On this screen, agree to the terms and conditions for your Linksys Router and Click Next.
- It will start detecting type of Internet connection which you are using from the modem which is plugged into your Linksys router (yellow port).Types of Connection:
– Static IP Address
– PPPoE DSL
- Select the respective Connection according to your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and click next.
- Here you can change the name and password on the Wireless Name and Wireless password screen.
- Click on save, and you can select the Router Password ( login Password) for your Linksys.
- By clicking on Next, you can give permission to install the firmware automatically for the future.
How to access my Linksys Router Login Page?
For login into your Linksys Router via Velop Login make sure you are connected with the same network from your router. Things which you need to login into your router:
- For Linksys Login you can open a web browser where you can type the default web address for your Linksys Router.
- Enter “linksyssmartwifi.com” and it will prompt for a username and password where you can type your login details and click sign in.
- You can also try default IP Address 192.168.1.1 which takes you to the same login screen of your Linksys router.
- On your Linksys Login Screen you can see the option to select Access password, you can type the default access password and click login.
- Once you login to your Linksys Router page you can see the setting for your router.
Now you are logged in into the router settings and you can configure all the router settings from this dashboard.