Open up your downloaded Linksys App, and click Launch setup at the bottom of the app dashboard. Linksys app requires location data to work properly and will ask permission also. You have to select the Allow option. Carefully read and go through the entire Terms and Conditions. When feeling ready to continue, then click agree to the terms and conditions. You will now be asked for the type of router you want to setup. Select your Linksys RE6400 Extender Setup login page.
Linksys RE6400 Extender Setup – Internet Settings
- After that, plug in your Linksys range extender, and then select it is Plugged In. Place the extender in an open area, and select it in the Open place.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your new Linksys range extender to the modem, and then select it is associated.
- Use your smartphone to talk to your new range extender, and then start settings of your Internet connection.
- The light on your Linksys re6400 extender setup will turn purple when it is connected to the network. Select the Next option once it’s changed.
- Enter your email address, user ID, and create a password to manage your Linksys re6400 network. Select an option to create an account.
- Now input the email address and password created to log into the account you just created. After that select next.
- Enter the WIFI name and password for your Linksys Wi-Fi network. This is the network name and password you find on all your devices. It is the best way to create a different user ID than the administration password.
- Select next, and then select a name for your wireless range extender, then select next. Your Linksys re6400 extender setup is ready to use.
- You can now set up a new Linksys re6400 extender any time you want.
What is Linksys Setup Tri-Band Mesh WIFI Technology?
With Linksys connect tri-band wi-fi mesh extender you experience a flawless full-strength network. The mesh wi-fi extender system delivers multiple WIFI devices using Intelligent Mesh Technology to facilitate the internet anywhere in any type and size of the home.
Linksys Connect Tri-band Mesh WIFI System- Features
Learns from the users
The moment you set up your Mesh WIFI extender system, it gets to work adapting the system to your home.
Doesn’t matter how busy your Network channel is, the Linksys system knows how to get the clearest channel for your connected devices.
Easily fit anywhere
Each of your Linksys nodes features a wonderfully compact design that coordinates with any home décor. All the nodes you have placed in your home either two or three work as a system to expand your WIFI needs. You can simply add more nodes to extend your wireless range and interchange colors to balance and coordinate with your home style.
Linksys Extender Setup with Modular Mesh WIFI
Don’t care about the area you own and expand in your WIFI need, you can smoothly add more nodes according to your requirements. You just have to plug your home details into the configuration tool of Linksys to find a perfect WIFI mesh system for you.
Linksys Tri-band WIFI Mesh Extender Setup Guide
- First of all, launch the app to access the Dashboard. Click on the menu icon and hit Setup a new Product.
- Click on Add another Node to xxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxx denotes the name of your existing WIFI system.
- Hit the option “To extend my WIFI with a new Child node” and go next.
- Turn on your Bluetooth as recommended. Getting a prompt turns the Bluetooth on. Read the complete instructions on placing each node, and click the Next tab.
- Now, just plug in the Extender and tap next as you see a solid purple node.
- Wait for the Linksys app to begin the new node. The whole process could take a few steps.
- Tap yes, when you get the Blinking Purple light on the node connected just now.
- If you can’t see the purple LED light on your Linksys node, select No, It is Not flashing Purple, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait till the app adds the nodes to your system. The whole system could take a few minutes to complete.
- Use Spot Finder to determine a perfect location to place your Linksys nodes. To get the Linksys setup instructions to follow the suggested prompts.
- In this step, you should name your node from the given options. You can customize the name to your preferences and then go next.
- Great, now your Linksys router setup with a Mesh WIFI range extender has been done successfully. Tap next to proceed ahead in your journey.
In case you want to add more nodes to the network, tap Add another Node, then click the link to get instructions or tap “That’s it for Now”, and you are all done. Don’t forget to refresh the page and tap next.